The Cross sells block can be added to the product form on the product page. By using metafields you can promote up to two further products that are relevant to each of your individual products. You can follow our handy guide to set up this block.
Note: You can also add cross sell products as a section to your product page which you can do following this guide.
Step 1: Define a Cross Sell metafield
You can create a dynamic Cross Sell block by adding metafields to your products.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
- Go to Metafields.
- Select Products and click Add definition.
- Provide a name and key for your metafield.
- From the content type select Reference and Product.
- Save your changes
Step 2: Assign metafields to your products
You can now assign your metafields to your products.
- Within your Shopify settings, go to Products.
- Select the relevant product.
- Scroll down to the metafield option and select the metafield you defined above.
- From here, you can select the product that you want to be displayed in the cross sell block.
- Save your changes.
Step 3: Set up Cross Sells on your store
Next, you can set up the Cross Sell block on your product page.
- Within the theme editor, navigate to your product page.
- Add a Cross sells block
- Click to select a dynamic source.
- From the dropdown, select product - main page
- Select your cross sell metafield
- Save your changes and you should see your cross sell products display if you are previewing a product that has cross sell products assigned