- A Blog post is a specific article, and must be assigned to a Blog.
- A Blog is a collection of Blog posts, generally under a particular theme.
In order to display your blog posts on your storefront, you must set these up within your Shopify settings under Online Store > Blog posts.
Step 1: Create a Blog
As each Blog post is housed within a Blog, the first step is to set up a blog. Your online store has a default blog called News. You can use it or create a new blog with a custom name.
Method 1: If you have not created a blog post
- Within Online Store > Blog posts, click Create blog post
- Enter a title for the Blog post.
- Enter content for the Blog post.
- Scroll down to Organization on the right.
- Click on the Blog drop-down and select Action > Create a new blog.
- Enter the blog name in the Blog title field.
- Set Visibility to Visible.
- Click Save.
Method 2: If you have created at least one blog post
- Within Online Store → Blog posts, go to Manage blogs.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select Add blog.
- Under Title, enter the name of your blog.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Create a Blog Post
Step 3: Assign Your Post to a Blog
Finally, assign your new blog post to a blog - you can reassign an existing blog post to a different blog at any time.
- Under Blog posts, select the blog post you wish to edit.
- Scroll down to Organization.
- Use the Blog drop-down menu to assign your post to one of your blogs.