Step 1: Download a Translation App
Before you can begin selling in multiple languages, you will need to download a translation app from the Shopify app store.
- Visit the Shopify App store.
- Choose a translation app and select Install app.
- Follow the steps to install the app into your storefront.
Note: If you use third-party apps, then it is possible that those apps don’t support selling in multiple languages by default. To check if an app supports multiple languages, contact the app's developer.
Step 2: Set Your Selling in Multiple Languages Requirements
Before you begin, make sure your store meets the requirements for selling in multiple languages.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
- Click Languages.
- On the Store languages page, click Add Languages.
- Within your translation app, follow the steps to translate your store's content and publish new languages.
- Click Preview to view different languages in your online store. You can preview both published and unpublished languages.
Read: To learn more about how to manage your language settings, please read Shopify's Selling in multiple languages help guide.
Step 3: Enable the Language Selector
To allow your customers to change the language of your store, you need to enable the language selector within your theme. You can do this either through your Header section, or your Footer section.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Go to your selected theme, and select Customize.
- Under your sections, select either your Header or Footer section.
- Scroll down to Language Selector, and select Show language selector.
Read: To learn how to translate your storefront into right-to-left languages (such as Arabic), read our guide on How can I translate my store into right-to-left languages?