MP4 files are supported - but they require uploading to the asset folder. Navigate the following steps from your Shopify dashboard.
Upload a video file
If the video is a local file - or requires uploading to your theme - you can upload the video to the Assets folder using the Shopify settings.
- Within your Shopify admin, click Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Click Files.
- Click the Upload Files button.
Upload a file from your system. Once the upload completes, the file displays in a list with a link button to get a direct URL.
To display the video on a store page:
- 1. Click the copy link icon.
- Open the theme editor.
- Add or select a Video (or Video hero) section on the left panel.
- Go to the panel on the right.
- Paste the URL into the Video link field.
- Click Save.
Videos uploaded to YouTube are supported and only require the YouTube URL. To use a video hosted on YouTube, copy the link and paste it into the Video link field of a video section.
Certain video sizes might display black bars on the left and right sides of the screen to ensure the player is loaded correctly.
Videos uploaded to Vimeo are supported and only require the URL. To use a video hosted on Vimeo, copy the link and paste it into the Video link field of a video section.