Step 1: Download an app
Before you begin selling in multiple languages, download a translation app from the Shopify app store.
- Visit the Shopify App store.
- Enter translate into the search bar.
- Choose a translation app and select Install app.
- Follow the steps to install the app into your storefront.
Note: Some third-party apps do not support selling in multiple languages by default. To see if an app supports multiple languages, contact the app's developer.
Step 2: Set requirements for selling in multiple languages
Before you start selling in multiple languages, make sure your store meets the requirements.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Languages.
- Click the Add language button.
- Within your translation app, follow the steps to translate your store's content and publish new languages.
- Click Preview to view different languages in your online store. You can preview both published and unpublished languages.
Step 3: Enable the Language Selector
To display an icon that lets customers change the store language in their browser, enable the language selector within your theme.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Go to the selected theme and click Customize.
- In the theme editor, go to the left panel and click Header.
- Go to the panel on the right, scroll down to LOCALIZATION, and check the box next to Show language selector.