Product page example
Product card example
Product specifications can be added to most of our sections that include product cards, like featured collections, cross sells and many more. It can also be added to your product page as a full section. By using metafields you can add dynamic information that is relevant to each of your products.
You can follow our handy guide to set up this block or section.
Step 1: Define a specification metafield
You can create a dynamic specifications table by adding metafields to your products.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
- Go to Metafields.
- Select Products and click Add definition.
- Provide a namespace of specifications.
- You can use any name for the key. Please note this will be displayed as the label in your specification table e.g. Height, Width, Weight etc.
- Select the appropriate content type and decide whether you want a single value or a list. We support all measurement, text and rating content types.
Step 2: Assign metafields to your products
You can now assign your metafields to your products.
- Within your Shopify settings, go to Products.
- Select the relevant product.
- Scroll down to the metafield option and select the metafield you defined above.
- Save your changes
Step 3: Set up the Specification table on your store
Next, you can set up the specification table on your store. It is available on your product cards and your product page.
- Within the theme editor, navigate to where you want to display the specification table.
- Add the specification block (product card) or specification section (product page).
- In the input box, list your specifications metafield keys (added in step 1) separated by commas to choose which specifications to show and in what order.
- Save your changes and preview your theme to see your specification table.